Monday, May 10, 2010

May Pursuit of Handmade



"Of all my work, this has to be my favorite. It changes you when you put it on. I loved it so much, I made one for myself as well! The name "Gyonhehgoh" is a Cayuga Indian name meaning...you guessed it...What keeps us alive. I grew up around the Cayuga Indian lands and visited their longhouse when I was a little girl. I remember the old woman who showed me how she was beading a traditional Native American pouch. Maybe that's where my love of creating came from? Turquoise has always drawn me to it, and when I create a piece with it, I never know what I'll end up with. This particular turquoise was so exquisite that I had to keep it simple. The large flower is from the Karen Hill Tribes. They are truly masters of their art. The name given to the piece is my way of acknowledging that old woman who shared herself and her culture with me. The title "What keeps us alive" is how I feel about being able to create. Creating to me is like water for all of us....something we can't live without."

Here is our first entry for the May Pursuit of Handmade... And what a way to kick it all off! Gorgeous, unique, and wonderful craftsmanship.. So, without further introductions....



See this wonderful work and the inspiration behind it at:

http://www.artfire.com/users/chattycats


http://www.beadersshowcase.com/photo/photo/show?id=2049967%3APhoto%3A94816

Take a Minute and share the May Pursuit of Handmade with others! Use either the share button located below or the one at the upper left hand side of the blog! Simply Share with facebook, twitter, and other hot spots you belong to! When sharing on twitter- type in your message about this blog and the Pursuit of Handmade followed by #POH You can then begin to add your own items to twitter with the follow hashtag of #POH and other members and participants will retweet you and their items! Join the fun at http://mishapsofmommy.blogspot.com

Interested in Joining the Pursuit of Handmade? Hop over to http://mishapsofmommy.blogspot.com for all the instructions, details, and how to join the tweet along!

No comments:

Can You Stumble Me, Please?

Total Pageviews

Followers