Monday, August 16, 2010

Needles and Kims - A review of classy, eco friendly, repurposed Fashions!

"handmade, one of a kind felted wool cuff bracelets, purses, table runners & baskets are made from recycled, machine felted wool sweaters. I embellish my items with needle felting, vintage buttons, hand stitched embroidery, yarn or beads. All my items are designed and made by me. Eco friendly too!" From Kim of Needles and Kims

So, you read that and think.. Hmm.. that sounds intriguing and check out her shop! You are then stunned into a literal "awe" feeling because her items are not only eco friendly (something I am all about promoting!) but just totally unique with a vintage flair! I have picked a few of my favorite items from her blog, but dont forget to stop at her Etsy shop! You will love it-




Really? How ingenious is this?




Classy, chic, and perfect for about any occassion or outfit, right?


Definitely scoot on over to the blog and the etsy shop! I really enjoy the innovative items she has managed to repurpose! And for those of you thinking she is probably out of your price range- Not really. I compared her to several etsy artisans who create purses and she is actually at the lower rung of the price ladder! The cool thing about buying handmade is you know it is one of a kind, you know someone took time, effort and care in creating this item, and you know that it is something special!



Purses are priced from $40-$55
Cuffs are priced from $20-$25
Little baskets are priced from $20-$25
Table runners are priced from $50-$60

Find more of Needles and Kims at:



http://www.needlesandkims.com/index.html

http://www.NeedlesAndKims.etsy.com/


Looking for more eco friendly products and ideas? How about a contest that gets your creative juices flowing and gives you the opportunity to win some fun supplies to create with? Check out my blog at http://mommytymegifts.blogspot.com

No comments:

Can You Stumble Me, Please?

Total Pageviews

Followers